EISA is pleased to announce the launch of the 2018 EISA Awards, which recognise excellence in various categories among EIS and SEIS practitioners over the past 12 months.
The Awards Ceremony is the highlight of the Chairman’s Reception at the House of Lords and this year the awards have been updated and refreshed to reflect the significant changes witnessed in our industry in the past 12 months.
We have a stellar judging panel again this year with a wide variety of experience from across the EIS and small business industry who independently assess entries and determine winners based on merit alone.
The Awards Categories
The Awards that will be presented at the Chairman’s Reception on 7th February 2019 are
- Best EIS Fund Manager/Sponsor, sponsored by Mainspring
- Best SEIS Fund Manager, sponsored by ExactLibris
- Best EIS/SEIS Tax Adviser, sponsored by Newable
- Best EIS/SEIS Legal or Regulatory Adviser, sponsored by Aston Lark
- Best S/EIS Investment Exit, sponsored by Edwin Coe
- Best Financial Planner, sponsored by Guinness Asset Management
- Best Newcomer, sponsored by Downing
- ”Spirit of EIS”, sponsored by Deal Partners
- Best EIS/SEIS Journalist, sponsored by Kuber Ventures
The criteria for each category have been reviewed by practitioners in each particular category. Firms are asked to submit their own applications giving information from the past 12 months only in relation to the set criteria. The entries will then be judged by a panel of independent judges. The Best EIS/SEIS Journalist award will be judged by a team of former journalists and industry experts. The criteria for each award are available by CLICKING HERE. Awards 1 – 5 are only open to EISA members. However, non-members can join EISA and be immediately eligible to take part. Awards 6 to 8 are open to entrants from the whole EIS and SEIS industry and also to entrants proposed by third parties. If an entrant is proposed by a third party, the entrant will be notified and invited to complete their own application. We also welcome nominations for award 9. Please let me know if you would like to put forward a journalist for nomination.
The Judging Panel
We are delighted to announce that this years Judges will be::
- Declan McAndrew CFA – Foster Denovo – Head of Investment Research
- Lee Moran -1825 – Chair of the Investment Committee & Head of Research
- Deepali Nangia – Angel investor and business adviser
- Malcolm Snook – MPL Wealth Management – Senior Financial Planning Manager
- Ewoud Karelse – Tilney – Product Specialist
- Hywel Rees-Jones – Extensive portfolio of Board and NED roles in private equity
- Charlotte Goggin – Barclays – Relationship Director, Technology
- Cliff Dennett – Head of Commercial – Innovation Birmingham Ltd
Both myself and Martin Fox will oversee the overall judging process but will not be involved in the assessment of the entries. The results/winners will be the decided by the other judges on the panel.
The Entry Process
Once again, the awards submission will be via an online portal. This is being hosted by the F6S platform. To enter an award, please click on the relevant link and follow the instructions. If this is the first time you have entered the EISA awards, you will need to create a profile providing basic information on the F6S platform so we can identify who submissions are from. If you require any help using the F6S system, please email or speak to Mark.
- Best EIS Investment Manager – CLICK HERE
- Best SEIS Investment Manager – CLICK HERE
- Best EIS/SEIS Tax Adviser – CLICK HERE
- Best EIS/SEIS Legal or Regulatory Adviser – CLICK HERE
- Best EIS Investment Exit –CLICK HERE
- Best Financial Planner – CLICK HERE
- Best Newcomer – CLICK HERE
- “Spirit of EIS” – CLICK HERE
- Best EIS/SEIS Journalist – separate judging process
- When applying, please bear in mind the following:
- Entry for the Awards is now open.
- Entrants should submit their own applications and base their entries on the criteria shown.
- Applications for each category should not exceed 1,000 words overall with no more than 250 words for each criteria.
- Entrants may enter more than one category of Award.
- Completed entries with full contact details of the firm and a specified contact will be required
- You will need to supply information on the F6S system – you can find out more about F6S by CLICKING HERE
- The closing date for entries is 20th December 2018
Click here for the EISA 2018 Awards rules and criteria
The EISA Awards go from strength to strength and continue to generate a healthy spirit of competition amongst firms that enter. On my various visits to EISA members offices, it’s always very rewarding to see the winners and highly commended certificates prominently and proudly displayed and these have become very sought after. Once again, winners and runners up will be announced at the Chairman’s Reception on 7th February 2019. We are also very pleased to have been able to attract such a high calibre of independent judges and I thank them in advance for their time and input. Their contribution will add greatly to the prestige and perceived value of the Awards, which aim to enhance the recognition, professionalism and standing of the whole EIS/SEIS industry. We would also like to thank the sponsors of the Awards.