Advocating for the next generation within the Venture Capital/SME industry
Green Shoots is a branch of EISA, providing young professionals in the industry the chance to independently develop their own networks, interest and awareness of the world of SMEs and Venture Capital – and to advance their understanding of the EIS, Venture Capital and SME sector.
It’s free to join for those who are 35 years of age and under who work for an EISA Full Corporate member.
Our aim is to create a space where our members can meet and interact with early-stage companies, keep up to date on industry trends, as well as build early and lasting business relationships with each other.
We do this through holding online and in-person networking events with guest speakers, sending out regular updates and hosting bi-annual technical seminars.
Green Shoots is run by our Nominated Committee:
- Jessica Baker – Nova Growth Capital
- Scott Millar
- Bronagh Duggan – Sapphire Capital Partners
- Jessica Fox – Haatch Ventures
Why become a member?
Discover just a few of the reasons to join below:
- Join a community of young industry professionals, plus the wider EISA network – including a broad range of EIS/SEIS focused entrepreneurs, investors, advisers, and more
- Access our Green Shoots networking events, online and in-person, where you’ll be able to meet other members, plus hear expert speakers on topics related to EIS/SEIS funding
- Attend the bi-annual EISA Technical Seminars, including updates and guidance on changes to the EIS/SEIS funding process
- Receive promotion via the EISA member directory and social media channels, reaching an audience of EIS/SEIS focused investors and advisers
- Gain an opportunity to make your voice heard, as part of the official advocacy to Government for the continued support and expansion of the EIS/SEIS schemes
Members also receive access to a range of other benefits, including:
- 25% discount on our EIS and SEIS Accreditation course – a structured, CPD accredited learning programme for those new to EIS and SEIS or who already have good technical knowledge but would like to develop further
- The ability to enter the EISA Awards – in our ‘Best Newcomer category’
- Entry to our ticket ballot for two tickets to our annual EISA Awards ceremony – a prestigious industry event held at the House of Lords
Plus – recommend friends to Green Shoots, and receive an additional complimentary entry to the ticket ballot for each friend recommended.
Who is eligible?
Every individual who:
- Works for an EISA Full Corporate member (list available here)
- Is under 35 years of age
If you are interested in getting involved and work in the EIS/SEIS industry but your organisation is not currently an EISA Full Corporate member, please contact us.
Membership is free of charge to all eligible individuals.
How to join
Complete the form below to begin the process of joining EISA.
Our team will then be in touch via email to finalise your membership.
Please note: EISA’s Guiding Principles, which we require all members to adhere to, can be seen here.