EISA is a highly effective not for profit organisation which exists to aid the provision of capital to UK small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS). Click the following links for further information about EIS or SEIS.
EISA works closely with HM Treasury, HM Revenue and Customs, Government Ministers, MPs and the FCA to enhance the EIS and promote the benefits of the scheme to investors and companies using EIS/SEIS and their respective advisers.
EISA policy engagement in recent years has been followed by changes to rules and legislation including:
- Increase in EIS income tax relief from 20% to 30%
- Relaxation of income tax carry-back, permitting investment at any time in a tax year
- Removal of loss relief cap of £50,000 for investors in EIS
- Increase in the annual cap for investment into an EIS qualifying company from £2m to £5m
- Increase in the gross assets limit for companies eligible for EIS investment from £7m to £15m pre new money
- Increase in the maximum number of employees allowed in an EIS qualifying company from 50 to 250
- Increase in limits for Knowledge Intensive companies