Given the news that, after 18 years of service, our current Chair, Lord Flight, will be standing down at the end of this year, EISA is recruiting a new Chair to start in early 2024.
It is an extremely important position within the EISA and the role of the Chair is to provide leadership to the Board and wider organisation, ensuring the delivery of EISA’s strategy, mission and values. The Chair also acts as an ambassador for the organisation promoting its work, chairing EISA conferences and events, interfacing with key stakeholders.
Main duties include:
- Lead the Board in ensuring EISA’s objectives are met including the pursuit of the long-term success of the organisation.
- Effectively chair the quarterly Board meetings.
- Taking decisions delegated to the Chair in accordance with EISA’s agreed governance structure, policies and statutory duties.
- Be a visible presence in the EIS and SEIS ecosystem, providing active leadership and representing the organisation with key stakeholders.
- Attend a select number of EISA meetings and events acting as spokesperson.
- Occasional engagement with the media including the provision of quotes.
- Act as a sounding board to the Director General, providing strategic input and direction through ad hoc and periodic meetings.
For full details, including how to apply, please click here.