WHAT IS IT?
Ready, Steady, Grow! is a programme of regional events organised by the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association (EISA) which aims to bring together all parts of the small business/entrepreneur community for expert opinion, networking and advice. The events give you an opportunity to meet investors, funders, entrepreneurs and business advisers all in one place at one time!
Although Ready, Steady, Grow! is focused on the government-backed Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS), the events will cover a wide range of alternative funding options. Experts will be able to answer questions on, and provide information about, many forms of growth financing that are available to start-ups and small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT EIS, SEIS & THE EIS ASSOCIATION
Hundreds of businesses receive EIS & SEIS funding every year, many of which have gone on to become high street names, leading consumer brands and major players in their respective industries and sectors. In fact, since EIS was created by the UK government in 1994 to help small businesses access growth capital, some 26,000 UK businesses have received EIS funding worth almost £16bn.
The EIS & SEIS market continues to grow and offer significant opportunities for an increasing number of industry participants.
EISA can help you discover how to benefit from those opportunities by providing understanding and expertise on issues relevant to you and your business, giving you an insight into current Government thinking on EIS and SEIS, help you engage and network with peers and prospective partners, developyourself and your teams professionally, and both contribute to, and make a difference to the future direction of the SEIS & EIS Industry.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
Ready, Steady, Grow! will be of interest to a variety of different individuals, groups and organisations, including:
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a business, or already running one. You will discover more about the external funding options, support and expertise available to help you grow and become more successful.
- Investors in businesses, including Angel Investors, professional investors, Independent Financial Advisers and private investors. You will learn about some of the options available for investing in small businesses and how to go about choosing the “next big thing” to invest in.
- Business advisers and support service organisations such as accountants, lawyers, tax advisers & business consultants. You will get access to a number of small businesses operating in your area and discover new ways both to support these businesses and develop.
Ready, Steady, Grow! will include practical seminars, Q&As and panel discussions, encompassing:
- Discussions on small business funding challenges and other obstacles to growth faced by businesses,featuring panels of entrepreneurs and industry experts. Topical issues such as the impact of Brexit on SMEs and SME funding will also be on the agenda.
- Seminar sessions covering how you can assess the funding options open to your business and how you can make yourself “investor ready”. Plus, learn secrets from successful investors who will share their stories and experience of small company investing.
- Sessions on the Enterprise Investment Scheme and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, from the perspective of companies seeking funding and investors in these companies.
- Audience Q&A sessions with panels featuring successful entrepreneurs who have benefited from external investment, investors in small businesses who have made significant returns, plus small business and finance experts.
- Full speaker details will be announced in due course via the EISA website www.eisa.org.uk/ready-steady-grow-2018/
WHERE AND WHEN
- Liverpool – 18th Sept – breakfast event– Offices of RSM – 14th Floor, 20 Chapel Street, Liverpool, L3 9AG
- Belfast – 25th Sept – evening event – Ormeau Baths, 18 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast BT2 8HS
- Edinburgh – 4th Oct – evening event – offices of Gillespie McAndrew – 5 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 8EJ
- Birmingham – 9th Oct – breakfast event – Innovation Birmingham – Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street, Birmingham Science Park Aston, Birmingham, B7 4BB.
- Bristol – 16th Oct – breakfast event – Veale Wasbrough Vizards LLP, Narrow Quay House, Narrow Quay, Bristol BS1 4QA
- Leeds – 7th Nov – breakfast event – Offices of Brown Butler, Leigh House,28-32 St Paul’s Street, Leeds LS1 2JT
- London – 8th Nov – evening event – Offices of BDO, 55 Baker Street, London W1U 7EU
- Manchester – 15th Nov – breakfast event. Details to be confirmed
The workshops, which are free to attend, will also be a valuable opportunity for entrepreneurs and business people, investors and service providers to network and make contacts from their local areas and regions.
The Ready Steady Grow! workshops will begin in Liverpool on September 18th, followed by dates in Belfast, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Bristol and Leeds, London and Manchester through October and November 2018.
You can reserve your place by contacting Mary Rodgers on email@example.com to register.